Using Glitter Glue
January, 19th 2010
Glitter glues are a great craft product allowing you to add glitter to your cards without getting glitter everywhere (and loose glitter does get everywhere!). The glue dries leaving a thin layer of glitter firmly stuck onto your project.
They usually come in a bottle with an applicator nib which allows quite fine detailing - you can draw shapes, write, add dots or simply add a bit of sparkle wherever you like.
Here are some of our favourite ideas:
- add a touch of glitter round the edges of miniature paper roses or lilies
- fill in some of the spaces in peel-off stickers or rubber stamped images
- draw a freehand heart onto your placecards
- print your initials using a very light grey font colour and trace over them (or write freehand if you have a steady hand and are good at calligraphy - I'm not, so have to cheat)
- add a dot to the centre of punched daisy shapes
|Highlight plain peel-off stickers with matching glitter glue||Embellish the edges of paper roses with glitter (we used Diamond glitter here)|