July, 14th 2009
Use a corner rounder punch and contrasting ribbons to create this unusual save the date card.
You Will Need
1. Print your Save the Date details on the Cream card using your computer and printer. Justify the text to the right hand side. I have used Pharmacy font in Dark Brown.
2. Trim half a cm from the short edge, and one and a half cm from the long edge of the cream printed card. Next cut this card in two lengthwise creating a strip around 3cm wide.
3. Using the corner punch, round the corners of the brown base card and the two pieces of cream card as per the design.
4. Stick the text panel of cream card to the brown card with the adhesive runner leaving an even border. Attach two 15cm pieces of the ribbons to the back of the strip of cream card and glue to the brown base card. Now tie a knot in the two ribbons and trim the edges. I have used a reef knot, which is left ribbon over right and under followed by right over left and under.
5. Cut a piece of Brown card to 3x3cm. Round the corners as shown and adhere to the bottom left of your card. Finally, using PVA, glue the padded satin heart in place and leave to dry.
|Designed by:Rhiannon Reid|